The following measures are being implemented due to COVID-19 and will be upheld until public health recommendations deem it safe to make changes to our policies. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know.
- All rental reservations must be made online and paid for in advance. We can not accept cash at this time.
- Please bring your own life jacket if you have one.
- Staff and renters will need to abide by the 6ft distancing requirements.
- Staff will be wearing masks and we ask that all renters wear a mask while on land.
- Our rentals will be more self-serve than in the past. A staff person will be there to assist you when you arrive,
however they will not be helping you enter the boat or launch the boat from shore, in order to maintain physical distance.
- We are currently limiting group sizes to 6 people at a time.
- We are offering a minimum 2 hour rental block to help reduce congestion and to allow for enough time to clean equipment.
- Equipment will be cleaned after each rental.
- If you aren’t feeling well, please stay home. We will refund your rental no problem.
- Bathrooms are closed to the public at this time.
3527 Atwood Ave
Madison, WI 53714
Memorial Day - Labor Day (weather dependent)
Monday - Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Sunday & Holidays: 10:00am - 6:00pm
*all rentals must be back by closing time
||First 2 Hours
The boat storage racks are currently full for the 2020-2021 season (April 1-March 31) at Olbrich Park. Check back in early March and find out more information for the 2021-2022 season here.
220 W Broadway
Monona, WI 53716
CLOSED FOR NOW
Off-site rentals are available ONLY at our Rutabaga location and are not available to reserve online. Please call the store and ask to speak with a manager about rates and availability.
Off-Site Rental Details:
-Your vehicle must have an approved roof rack like Yakima, Thule, or factory cross-bars to carry the boat.
-Pick-up truck beds are ok for kayaks under 13ft with proper pads and tie-downs.
-Off-site rentals are to be used only on lakes and rivers that are non-classified (deep, slower-moving). No whitewater!
-Boats may be picked up 30 minutes before the store closes on the evening prior to your reservation if approved by a manager.
- One (or more) canoe, kayak, or SUP board
- A life jacket for each person
- A paddle for each paddler
By making a reservation with Rutabaga, you are agreeing to the following policies.
- A life jacket and footwear must be worn at all times when using rental equipment.
- Renters must be at least 18 years old. Adults must accompany anyone under 18.
- An adult must accompany any child under 8 years of age in the same boat.
- Alcohol is prohibited while using or operating Rutabaga equipment. Rutabaga reserves the right to refuse to rent to anyone who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Renters are liable for lost or damaged equipment.
- Rentals are due back no later than the posted closing time of the business.
- Rentals returned late will be charged a $25 late fee.
- Full payment is required at the time of reservation.
- All trash must be removed from boats upon their return.
- Rutabaga reserves the right to cancel rentals due to unsafe weather conditions, resulting in either full refund or reschedule.
If you need to adjust or cancel your reservation give us a call at 608-513-1308.
- Two or more days notice: Full refund
- One day notice: 50% refund
- No show or day of: No refund
For all weather related cancellations, we will notify you by phone and/or email, and your reservation will be fully refunded or rescheduled, whichever you prefer.
Rentals will be cancelled under the following conditions:
- Wind speed over 15 MPH for kayaks, over 10 MPH for canoes and stand-up paddleboards
- Water temperature below 55 degrees Fahrenheit