The following measures are being implemented due to COVID-19:
- All rental reservations must be made online and paid for in advance, or reserved on-site with a credit card. We can not accept cash at this time.
- Staff and renters will abide by the 6ft distancing requirements.
- A staff person will be present to assist renters, however, they will not be helping renters enter the boat, in order to maintain physical distance.
- Group sizes are limited to 6 people at a time.
- Equipment will be cleaned after each rental.
- If you aren’t feeling well, please stay home, and your rental will be refunded.
3527 Atwood Ave
Madison, WI 53714
Memorial Day - Labor Day (weather dependent)
starting June 12th
Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 7:00pm
*all rentals must be back by closing time
||First 2 Hours
The boat storage racks are currently full for the 2021-2022 season (April 1-March 31) at Olbrich Park. Check back in early March and find out more information about renting storage space here.
- One (or more) canoe, kayak, or SUP board
- A life jacket for each person
- A paddle for each paddler
By making a reservation with Rutabaga, you are agreeing to the following policies.
- A life jacket and footwear must be worn at all times when using rental equipment.
- Renters must be at least 18 years old. Adults must accompany anyone under 18.
- An adult must accompany any child under 8 years of age in the same boat.
- Alcohol is prohibited while using or operating Rutabaga equipment. Rutabaga reserves the right to refuse to rent to anyone who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Renters are liable for lost or damaged equipment.
- Rentals are due back no later than the posted closing time of the business.
- Rentals returned late will be charged a $25 late fee.
- Full payment is required at the time of reservation.
- All trash must be removed from boats upon their return.
- Rutabaga reserves the right to cancel rentals due to unsafe weather conditions, resulting in either full refund or reschedule.
If you need to adjust or cancel your reservation give us a call at 608-513-1308.
- Two or more days notice: Full refund
- One day notice: 50% refund
- No show or day of: No refund
For all weather related cancellations, we will notify you by phone and/or email, and your reservation will be fully refunded or rescheduled, whichever you prefer.
Rentals will be cancelled under the following conditions:
- Wind speed over 15 MPH for kayaks, over 10 MPH for canoes and stand-up paddleboards
- Water temperature below 55 degrees Fahrenheit