All participants in Rutabaga Outdoor Programs scheduled camps must agree to and abide by the following protocol for safety measures:
We are playing close attention to COVID trends. Additional programs may be added throughout the spring and early summer. If your program ends up being cancelled due to COVID precautions, a reschedule or refund will be arranged.
1) Both instructor and student(s) will wear a mask at all times, on land and on water, whenever practical.
2) Both instructor and student(s) will maintain a 6 ft distance from each other on land and on water.
3) In order to maintain distance, the instructor will offer minimal assistance to student(s) getting into or out of their boats.
4) In order to maintain distance, assisted rescues may not be included as part of the curriculum of these programs, and will only be used when necessary for safety reasons.
5) If a student or the instructor are feeling any symptoms related to COVID-19 on the day of the class, they will let us know and a reschedule or refund will be arranged if possible.
Get set to get wet and have a blast! Whether your child has never picked up a paddle, or is already a paddling veteran there's something for everyone in Rutabaga's summer programs. Paddling is a great way for youths to develop self-confidence and independence, awareness and love of nature, and a sense of accomplishment that comes from meeting a new challenge. Taking full advantage of Madison's beautiful waterways, our experienced Outdoor Educators lead canoe, kayak and stand-up paddleboard camps with an emphasis on water safety, natural conservation and fun, geared towards kids ages 8-14. For high schoolers (teens 14-17 years old), check out our Junior Leader Program
! We can also create custom programs including birthdays, scout troops, private lessons etc. upon request. With offerings for all skill levels, we have a paddling experience for you!
Use our interactive calendar
to find a day and time that work for you.